CALL US 818.744.4955
Contact Us For Free Case Evaluation

No possibility of a K-1 visa for a fiancé or fiancée of the U.S. permanent resident alien

Q: I have a “green card.” My fiancée is Russian and she lives in Russia. Will I be able to help my fiancée to obtain a K-1 visa, so that we get married in the United States?

(Donald, from Los Angeles, CA)

A: No, you will not. A fiancé(e) visa is available to a person coming to the U.S. only if the Petitioner is the United States citizen. Permanent resident aliens cannot petition for a fiancé(e) to come to the U.S. for the purpose of getting married. For more information about fiancé(e) visas please click here.

Created by