CALL US 818.744.4955
Contact Us For Free Case Evaluation


Law Offices of Oksana Van Rooy provides the following services:

  • Establishment and registration of your company in California
  • Legal support for your business
  • Information and help in obtaining licenses for your business in the United States
  • Review and preparation of contracts and agreements
  • Help in conducting business negotiations
  • Draft of agreements for investments into California businesses
  • Preparation of documents for dissolving your company.

Business Structures

When starting a business, you must decide what type of business entity to establish. Structure of your business would depend on several different criteria, such as, for example, ease of operation, need for protection from liability, expected income, tax considerations, management, and transferability of ownership interests. In California, the most common types of business are corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. Before you decide what form of business to choose, you should consult with an attorney.

Corporation is a legal entity with the characteristics of limited liability, perpetual duration, centralized management, and ease of transferability of ownership interests.

Partnership is created when two or more persons join to conduct a business or carry on a trade; each person contributes property, money, labor, and skills, and shares in the profits and losses of the business.

Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a type of entity that has the powers of both a corporation and a partnership. Depending on how the LLC is structured, it may be either managed by all members or by managers.

Sole Proprietorship is the most common and the simplest form of business. In a sole proprietorship, a person owns an unincorporated business by herself or himself, without any formal organization. If a business is conducted under an assumed name (rather than the last name of the individual), then a fictitious name statement (commonly referred to as a DBA) should be filed with the office of the county clerk in the county where a business premise is maintained. If the individual does not have any business premise, then a fictitious name statement should be filed in all counties where business is conducted under the assumed name.

If you need help deciding what choice of business entity to make, please contact the Law Offices of Oksana Van Rooy. Our attorneys will give you a more detailed overview of the available forms, will suggest the entity choice that would be best for your business, and will provide legal help in organizing and operating your company.

Created by