Family-Based Green Card

Are you seeking to secure a better future for yourself or your relatives in the United States? At our immigration law firm, we help individuals and families achieve their dreams of obtaining a Green Card, whether through marriage, family sponsorship, or other avenues. Our experienced immigration attorney is here to guide you through the often complex and confusing process of immigration law, ensuring you have the best chance of success.

What is a Green Card

A Green Card is a United States Permanent Resident Card. You receive this document when you become a lawful permanent resident of the United States. The card allows foreign nationals to live and work lawfully in the U.S. on a permanent basis. Green Card holders enjoy a wide range of rights and benefits, including access to most jobs, and the freedom to travel in and out of the United States. Additionally, Green Card holders can sponsor family members for their own Green Cards, facilitating reunification with loved ones.

Green Card for Relatives of U.S. Citizens

Green cards for relatives of U.S. citizens are primarily categorized under the Family-Based Immigration system, which allows U.S. citizens to sponsor certain family members for lawful permanent residency. The eligible family members fall into two primary categories:

  1. Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens: These include spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of adult U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old. Immediate relatives do not have to wait for visa numbers to become available, making the process faster and more predictable.
  2. Family Preference Categories: These categories include more distant relatives of U.S. citizens and have a limited number of visas available each year. The family preference categories for relatives of U.S. citizens include:
    • First preference (F1): unmarried sons and daughters, who are 21 years old or older
    • Second preference (F2A): spouses and children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents
    • Second preference (F2B): unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of lawful permanent residents
    • Third preference (F3): married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
    • Fourth preference (F4): brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens.

The specific eligibility requirements, application process, and waiting times for each category can vary, and it’s crucial to consult with an immigration attorney to determine which category applies to your situation and to receive guidance throughout the application process. Family-based immigration is an important avenue for reuniting loved ones in the United States and fostering family unity.

How to Apply for a Green Card for Spouse

One of the most common ways to obtain a Green Card is through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, your spouse can sponsor you for a Green Card, allowing you to live and work in the United States. Our immigration lawyer will help you understand the eligibility requirements, documentation needed, and the step-by-step process to apply for a Green Card through marriage.

Green Card for Parents

If you’re a U.S. citizen and wish to bring your parents to live with you in the United States, we can assist you in applying for a Green Card for parents. This process involves sponsoring your parents and ensuring they meet the necessary eligibility criteria. If you want to apply for a Green Card for parents, our immigration attorney will help you gather the necessary documentation and guide you through the application process. We understand the importance of keeping families together and will work diligently to make this family reunification a reality.

Renewal of the Green Card

Green Cards typically need to be renewed every ten years. If your Green Card is expiring, or if it has been lost, stolen, or damaged, we can assist you in the renewal or replacement process. We’ll ensure that your status remains valid, allowing you to continue living and working in the United States without interruption.

How to Get a U.S. Green Card

When it comes to immigration matters, you should have a knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer on your side. Obtaining a Green Card can be a challenging and time-consuming process, but our attorney is here to simplify it for you. Our team is dedicated to helping you navigate the complexities of U.S. immigration law. We’ll help you determine the most suitable category for your specific situation. We’ll guide you through the application process and provide legal counsel every step of the way.

Contact our law firm today to discuss your specific immigration needs. Let us guide you through the process of obtaining a Green Card, whether it’s through marriage, family sponsorship, or any other avenue. We’re here to make your American dream a reality.

Our Office

Newport Beach Office
1101 Dove St., Ste. 245

Newport Beach, CA 92660

Phone: (818) 744-4955 Fax: (949) 326-0075

Where to Find Us?

Newport Beach Office
1101 Dove St., Ste. 245

Newport Beach, CA 92660

Phone: (818) 744-4955 Fax: (949) 326-0075

Contact Us